Mr. Tankersley was born with an
insatiable curiosity. He became embroiled in the day to day struggles to build a
career in Engineering and provide for the needs of his family. Now the children
are all grown and gone, he is retired and free to know for the sake of knowing
and to explore those things that he dreamed of as a boy. In recognition of his heritage from his grandfather Tankersley, Tank has also become politically active and has volunteered to serve as the Harris County, Texas, Democratic Precinct 0678 Chair (2008-2010), Election Judge, Harris County, Texas, Grand Jury (served Feb-Apr, 2011), and to participate in a National Health Study conducted by Baylor University. Mr. Tankersley is also a Sustaining Member of the Harris County Democratic Party (2008 to present) and a Sustaining Member of the Spring Branch Democrats Club (2008 to present). The flames of curiosity
still burns brightly. Tank fully supports the Energy Policy as presented in the 2008 Democratic Party Platform and provides the leadership to search for the cutting edge
technology to provide Sustainability Engineered while striving to protect the
environment and providing employment for the people of the United States of America.
EDUCATION: "Clearly and beyond all doubt, the only purpose and reason
for life is to learn. All living beings, plant or animal, that ever was, is,
or ever will be throughout the universe must adapt or perish as with the
dinosaur. Yet it is the fate of humanity, above all, to have the
consciousness to understand and give reason to life."
Thoughts by Charles H. Tankersley
List of Links to Continued Education via Distance Learning
- Find A School: was created by
Mike Viron while still a student in college. Mike a good friend of CHTANK
and serves on the staff of DEEPSPACE. Here one can find an Internet
link to all the Colleges and Universities of the world.
- INDUSAPTI is a joint project of Vigyan Ashram, INDUSA Endowment fund by Dr's.Kishan & Kiran Bhatia and Lend-a-hand-India. Dr. Kishan Bhatia and his wife Dr. Kiran Bhatia have graciously allow this "hands-on" academy to be extended to the youth of the world.
Blog and his list, http://education.jimmyr.com/ provides
links to free Internet education sites, There is no excuse for not
continuing an education regardless of one's background.
- http://www.connectionsacademy.com/free-online-public-school.aspx is a new addition to this site and is highly recommended, especially since the Governor of Texas and his Tea Party cronies in the Legislator have cut funding to the Texas public schools. There is no excuse for not giving our kids a proper education, be it in public schools, charter schools, private schools or home schooling.
- MIT Open
Courseware is especially important for those who wish to study the
science and technology of today.
- The EDGE is included here as a
learning tool in philosophy. Although it is not affiliated with an College
or University, it does represent the philosophic thinking of some of our
best minds. One may not agree with their ideas but, regardless, it does
open some avenues of understanding.
- The Khan Academy is a must for all students from K through 12 and on through college. Anyone who is serious about his or her educations must keep the Khan Academy at fingertips for reference if for no other reason. Teachers will find the Khan Academy an outstanding tutorial and teaching tool. Parents will be able to use the lessons of the Khon Academy to help their children achieve in educations and for that matter, will find that the lessons will teach themselves as well.
- An astronomy, astrophysics, and physics adventure:
List of Links to Continued Education For Entrepreneurs and InventorsThis list is added to provide for those who are engaged in helping with the Sustainability Engineering Projects proposed below in Section 3, "ECOLOGY: - Saving our earth". Mr. Tankersley is very grateful to Roderick Whitfield for providing these Links:
- CIVIL RESPONSIBILITY: In order to support actions proposed by and to support the policies proposed for Education, Health Care, and Energy in the 2008 Democratic Platform, Mr. Tankersley is adding this section in hope more people might volunteer their services to humanity. As the offspring of true American Pioneering stock, Mr. Tankersley was brought up with the ideal of neighbor helping neighbor. In Pioneer Oklahoma, after the land rush of 1889, each new land owner, including Mr. Tankersley's grandfather, helped his his neighbor build his home, harvest his crops, and care for the children. No one person could do it alone. It is still that way today; it still takes a Village to raise a child. For the love of mankind it takes us all to contribute what cannot be bought with all the riches in the world. As President John F. Kennedy said in his first Integral Address, which still applies today; "Ask not what your Country can do for you, Ask what you can do fro your Country.". Contrary to what some might believe, the Government of the United States of America is the PEOPLE, so given to all Citizens by the opening phrase of the Constitution; "We the People of The United States, in order to form a more perfect Union,...". To further affirm the concept of The United States being ruled by the people, Abraham Lincoln closed the Gettysburg Address with "...that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.". As a further inspiration, this link is added, THE DESIDERATA.
- Saving our earth:
What is Sustainability Engineering or Engineering for Sustainability? The Center for Sustainable
Engineering gives a complete description of Sustainability
Engineering. This is the definition in a nutshell:
"Sustainable Engineering may be defined as engineering for human
development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the
ability of future generations to meet their own needs (Bruntland
Sustainability Engineered Projects are a freely available voluntary
effort to provide alternatives to the high cost fossil fuels that pollute
the atmosphere, water, and earth, to fight global warming, and within the
guidelines of the Center for
- CHAPS-SEProjects Combined Heating and Power Systems - a Sustainability Project. Chaps is created and organized in the spirit and concept of Agro-Biogenics, Inc. under the laws and regulations of the United States of America to fulfil the needs of the people and communities for safe, economical, environmentally friendly, source of energy produced from non-food stuff biomass and waste organics normally deposited into sewers and landfills.
- DES-SEProject Distributed Energy Systems, Inc. - A commercial Corporation to lease/sell and provide maintenance for Renewable Energy Systems and equipment to communities and/or individual home owners.
My Earthbound Space Station - a Sustainability Engineered Project.
Agro-Polymer Industry Complex - a Sustainability Engineered Project. Apix
is primary sustainability engineered function of Agro-Biogenic, Inc. to convert
wastes into usable energy and products while protecting the food production
and distribution systems of peoples of the undeveloped areas of the
Houston Area Recycling Proposal - a Sustainability Engineered Project.
Projects Avaluable for hands-on Learning -
Sustainability Engineered Projects for hands-on
experience with sustainability engineering for 4H Clubs, FFA, and school
aged children everywhere.
Farming Algae Technology - Sustainability Engineering Project
LAWNMOWER Build a Hydrogen Fuel Cell Lawnmower.
- CHP A
simple Combined Heat/Power unit for home heating and electric
Using steam Reformation to convert solid waste into fuel gases.
- SUN OVEN: Concentrating the Sun's energy to bake a County Fair
prize winning cake or fry up a chicken dinner with the sun.
- SOLAR HOT WATER HEATER: Heat the water with the Sun for your next
shower. Build an outdoor shower for washing off the salt after your
next visit to the Galveston Beach.
- SOLAR HYDROGEN: Use Solar Cells to make Hydrogen from water.
- WIND TURBINE: An experimental design for creating a wind turbine to
drive a oil hydraulic motor to power generator that is at grade level.
The wind turbine will be designed as a "pusher" type mounted on the top
of a 20 foot high ham radio tower at the back of our home.
REPORTS: - science FACTION (faction = to use as much
up-to-date science and technology as is possible) novel in very early stages.
- Report no.
1, Space Stations:
no. 2, Drones, Space Tugs, Shuttles, and Transports:
no. 3, Why Space, Early History:
no. 4, The Science of Space Colonization:
- Report no.
5, Discovery of new species:
- Report no.
6, Government and civil control:
- Report no.
7, Religion and the after life: